Pages

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Holy Night

"I know this thirst will not last long, that it will soon drown in the song not sung in vain"
-Rich Mullins

O holy night
wind is blowing through the crack in my car window
the temperature just right
to soothe my face, and soothe my soul
and disappear into the sights of the highway
and the music that fills up my car
with grace and peace
and reminders of how great is His faithfulness
O blessed evening
at my computer screen
to ponder love and reasons
and longing for intimate connection
with the Lord
how close He is, yet, how so very far away
and how I want to hear from Him
and how He wants me to walk it out by faith
and how I want to find rest and solace in His arms
and how He wants me to be bold, step out and have no fear
and but somewhere, somehow, all He asks
is that I love Him, right where I'm at
O night divine
the room is quiet
only sounds of the song that I’m listening to
the spinning of the fan overhead
the patter of my fingers on the keyboard
yet, my mind in motion
yet my spirit is at peace
knowing that no matter what is going on around me
I belong to Him
and when I die, I’ll be taken up to glory
O hopeful night
stillness surrounds me
peace like a pond
each verse is like a ripple on my surface
and I can believe that the song I sing
will not be sung in vain
with the night, I call out Your name
with the night, I long, I hope
that all will be well for every weary traveler
that all will be right for each searching soul
when we turn our eyes
to the child, who came into the world
born in a manger
on one holy night

No comments:

Post a Comment

Prayer Equals Peace

“But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow...