Pages

Monday, August 11, 2014

There is a Place

"Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also."
John 14:1-4

this world is full of striving and struggle
but there is a place
this world is heavy with heartache
but there is a place
this world is worn by fighting and war
but there is a place
this world… it is tossed and it is weary
harassed
helpless
but there is a compassion
and there is a place
in this world you will have trouble, He said
but take heart
I have overcome
in this world you will have tribulation
but look up
I give you peace
in this world you will be hated
and you will be persecuted
but look up and look beyond
I go to prepare a place
in this world you may be weary
weighed down and heavy
gaze out upon the night sky
at the sliver of the moon
there is hope
look across the fields of golden wheat
there is a harvest
yes, let your eyes stretch out across horizons
somewhere, beyond the sky
I am preparing a place
and right here, where you stand
I am there
I am here and I am there
preparing a place, a room in heaven
where sorrow will be no more
where no one will ever again grow old
where never you’ll meet a stranger
and everything broken will be restored
no more sighing
no more pain
no fear, no torment, no suffering
there will be no night there
look up, my friends, and take heart
there is a place

No comments:

Post a Comment

Prayer Equals Peace

“But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow...